Friday, September 28, 2007

Camping at Sg. Lembing

I went camping at Sg. Lembing on National Day holiday. This was my first time driving out of station at midnight. I felt extremely tired because I wasn't feeling well that night. Luckily, I managed to reach there safely.

A lot of unexpected happened during this trip which made me feel embarrassed and lucky. It sounds a bit odd so let me tell you why.

My period came when I just arrived at Sg. lembing at midnight when all the shops were closed and I couldn't find a tiolet. I managed to find one in the morning. I rested in the car while all my friends went mountain-hiking to see the sunrise. I didn't go as I had been there a few times.


We went into the jungle after we had our breakfast. The road was very bumpy and full of stones. It was very hot and I was sunburnt because we sat in the lorry and there weren't any roof
covers. It's a very unforgettable experience as I have never done this before.
After we had set up over camp, we trekked into the jungle to see the "Rainbow Waterfall". I accidentally fell into the river. I was worried and embarrased because of my period. The trek wasn't difficult but I was worried and tired. This was because of my embarrassing situation and my slippers snapped. I walked bare footed for the return trek. It was painful as I walked on the river which was full of stones, leaves, alga and branches. As I wasn't wearing shoes, I had a thorn in my right toe which hurt me. I also found some leeches on my right calf. I managed to remove the thorn by myself and got rid of the leeches at the same rid. The guide who was my friend gave me his shoes. I was touched by his kind gestures. Luckily, I managed to finish the whole trek safely and I was pround of myself.

No comments: